Product on Promotion until 31st October 2017
Mcd Healthy Carrot Cake
3.5Kg x 1
|Product:||Carrot Cake Mix|
|Product Category:||Grocery > Homebake > Cake Mixes|
- Just add carrot, oil & water
- No artificial colours or flavours
- No added preservatives
- Suitable for vegetarians
Thank you for helping!
Kids Company provide 13,000 meals to vulnerable children each month
Help Support Kids Company
Premier Foods has joined forces with Kids Company a charity that provides practical, emotional and educational support to vulnerable inner-city children.
Every McDougalls pack sold will contribute to our donation to the charity.
Kids Company registered charity number: 1068298
For more information visit www.premierfoodservice.co.uk
For inspirational recipes and serving suggestions, visit www.premierfoodservice.co.uk
Inspiring Caterers for over 150 years
McDougalls range of flour-based mixes caters for all your sweet & savoury needs.
Wheat Flour (with Added Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Sugar, Dextrose, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Rapeseed), Dried Egg, Modified Maize Starch, Wheat Starch, Raising Agents (E450, E500), Dried Egg Albumen, Colour (E150a), Emulsifiers (E322 (from Soya), E481), Spice Extracts, Soya Flour
Allergy advice: For allergens, including Cereals containing Gluten, see ingredients in bold
May also contain milk
No added preservatives
|Per 100g as sold||Per 100g as per make up instructions|
|of which saturates||2.1g||1.7g|
|of which sugars||25.0g||20.9g|
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Contains Eggs
- May Contain Milk
- Contains Wheat
- Contains Soya
- Free From Artificial Colours
- Free From Artificial Flavours
- Recycling Info: Mixed Material - Not Currently Recycled Bag
- Pack Type: Bag - Paper
- 112 Servings
Preparation and Usage
Dry mix: 1kg; Approx water: 450ml; Approx vegetable oil: 100ml; Freshly grated carrot: 300g; Approx portions 57g (2oz): 32
Dry mix: Whole Bag 3.5kg; Approx water: 1.55L; Approx vegetable oil: 350ml; Freshly grated carrot: 1.1kg; Approx portions 57g (2oz): 112
Dry mix: 1lb; Approx water: 7floz; Approx vegetable oil: 1 1/2floz; Freshly grated carrot: 5oz; Approx portions 57g (2oz): 14
Dry mix: Whole Bag 7lb 11oz; Approx water: 2 3/4pts; Approx vegetable oil: 12floz; Freshly grated carrot: 2 lb 8 oz; Approx portions 57g (2oz): 112
For over 150 years McDougalls has inspired caterers and we pride ourselves on offering practical advice and delicious recipes. Of course you could simplify our method, but to get the very best results, here are our make up instructions.
1. Add the correct amount of cold water and oil to the mixing bowl and add the weighed out McDougalls Carrot Cake Mix.
2. Select the beater mixing attachment and blend on Slow speed for 1 minute, scrape down, mix of a further 4 minutes on Medium speed. Add the grated carrot and mix on Slow speed for 1 minute.
3. Use batter as required. Pour into a greased and lined 23cm x 35cm (10" x 14") baking tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 35-40 minutes, until risen and golden brown. For fan assisted ovens, cook at 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
Useful hints and tips...
For a more indulgent carrot cake, top with a butter and cream cheese icing.
If your freshly grated carrot is very moist, add slightly less to the batter.
Baked carrot cake should be light and springy to touch.
Why not try replacing the carrots with apple, banana or courgette.
Baked carrot cake is freeze-thaw stable.
For best results, once the bag is opened, keep tightly closed and use within two months.
Makes 112 x 57g portions
Store in a cool dry place. Keep bag tightly closed after part use.
Best before end: see back of pack.
The Premier Foods Group,
PO Box 66093,
Recommended for you