Mcdougalls Scone Mix
3.5Kg x 1
|Product Category:||Grocery > Homebake > Cake Mixes|
- Just add water
- FSA 2017 compliant
- No artificial flavours
- No added preservatives
- Suitable for vegetarians
For inspirational recipes and serving suggestions, visit www.premierfoodservice.co.uk
Help Support Kids Company
Premier Foods has joined forces with Kids Company, a charity that provides practical, emotional and educational support to vulnerable inner-city children. Every McDougalls pack sold will contribute to our donation to the charity.
Kids Company registered charity number: 1068298
For more information visit www.premierfoodservice.co.uk
FSA 2017 Compliant*
*Based on Government salt targets 2017. (as per 100g as per make up instructions)
McDougalls range of flour-based mixes caters for all your sweet & savoury needs.
Wheat Flour (with added Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Vegetable Oils (Palm, Rapeseed), Sugar, Raising Agents (E450, E500, E501), Whey Powder (from Milk), Dextrose
Allergy advice: For allergens, including Cereals containing Gluten, see ingredients in bold
May also contain egg and soya
No added preservatives
|Per 100g as sold||Per 100g as per make up instructions|
|of which saturates||3.9g||3.0g|
|of which sugars||6.3g||4.8g|
|*Based on Government salt targets 2017. (as per 100g as per make up instructions)|
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- May Contain Eggs
- Contains Milk
- Contains Wheat
- May Contain Soya
- Free From Artificial Colours
- Recycling Info: Mixed Material - Not Currently Recycled Bag
- Pack Type: Bag - Paper
- 98 Servings
Preparation and Usage
Dry mix: 1kg, Approx water: 440ml, Approx scones 6cm straight, 7cm fluted: 28
Dry mix: Whole Bag 3.5kg, Approx water: 1.55L, Approx scones 6cm straight, 7cm fluted: 98
Dry mix: 1lb, Approx water: 7floz, Approx scones 6cm straight, 7cm fluted: 12
Dry mix: Whole Bag 7lb 1loz, Approx water: 2 pts 14floz, Approx scones 6cm straight, 7cm fluted: 98
For over 150 years McDougalls has inspired caterers and we pride ourselves on offering practical advice and delicious recipes. Of course you could simplify our method, but to get the very best results, here are our make up instructions.
1. Place the McDougalls Scone Mix into a mixing bowl fitted with a beater attachment.
2. Blend in the correct amount of cold water using a beater on a Slow speed until a dough is formed. Do Not Overmix.
3. Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until just smooth. Roll out to 18mm (3/4") thickness. Cut out scones using a 6cm straight edge pastry cutter (7cm fluted). Place the scones on a greased baking tray. Brush with beaten egg for a glazed finish.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7 for 10-15 minutes. For fan-assisted ovens bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
To Make Doughnuts:
1. Roll out the dough to approx 6mm and cut into rings, then place onto a flavoured tray.
2. Deep fry at 180°C/350°F (turning occasionally) until golden brown and cooked through.
3. Drain and coat with icing or dip in caster sugar.
4. Serve within 24 hours.
Useful hints and tips...
This mix also makes doughnuts (see make up instructions).
As a guide 10% to 15% of added ingredients, such as sultanas or dried cherries are ideal.
Good results will still be achieved on second and third rolling.
Rolled out scones can be chilled overnight and then baked the next morning.
For golden brown scones, glaze with egg or milk prior to baking.
Baked scones are freeze-thaw stable.
For best results once opened, keep bag tightly closed and use within 2 months.
Makes 98 Scones (6cm Straight/7cm fluted cutter)
Store in a cool dry place. Keep bag tightly closed after part use.
Best before end: see back of pack.
The Premier Foods Group,
PO Box 66093,
Recommended for you