Mcdougalls Sponge Mix
3.5Kg x 1
|Product:||Plain Sponge Mix|
|Product Category:||Grocery > Homebake > Cake Mixes|
- Just add water
- No added preservatives
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Suitable for vegetarians
For inspirational recipes and serving suggestions, visit www.premierfoodservice.co.uk
Additional Pack Information
FSA 2012 Compliant*
*Based on government salt targets 2012 (as per 100g as per make up instructions)
FSA 2012* Compliant
*Based on Government salt targets 2012 (as per 100g as per make up instructions)
Inspiring Caterers for over 150 years
Wheat Flour (with added Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Sugar, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Rapeseed), Wheat Fibre, Dried Egg, Skimmed Milk Powder, Raising Agents (E450, E500, E501), Soya Flour, Emulsifiers (E470a, E471, E472b, E472e, E477, E482), Milk Protein, Stabilisers (E450, E466), Flavourings, Colour (E160a)
Allergy advice: For allergens, including Cereals containing Gluten, see ingredients in bold
No added preservatives
|Per 100g as sold||Per 100g as per make up instructions|
|of which saturates||3.8g||2.7g|
|of which sugars||32.5g||23.0g|
|*Based on Government salt targets 2012 (as per 100g as per make up instructions)|
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Contains Eggs
- Contains Milk
- Contains Wheat
- Contains Soya
- Free From Artificial Colours
- Free From Artificial Flavours
- Recycling Info: Mixed Material - Not Currently Recycled Bag
- Pack Type: Bag - Paper
Preparation and Usage
McDougalls range of flour-based mixes caters for all your sweet & savoury needs.
Useful hints and tips...
Why not use as a cup cake batter, then top with a cream cheese icing.
Ensure the batter is smooth and lump free, if not, mix for a little longer.
The batter can be steamed for sponge puddings.
The baked sponge is freeze thaw stable.
For best results, once the bag is opened, keep tightly closed and use within two months.
Appliances may vary, times and temperatures given as guideline only.
Dry mix: 1kg, Approx water: 530ml, Approx portions 60g (2oz): 24
Dry mix: Whole Bag 3.5kg, Approx water: 1.855L, Approx portions 60g (2oz): 87
Dry mix: 1lb, Approx water: 9 fl oz, Approx portions 60g (2oz): 12
Dry mix: Whole Bag 7lb 11oz, Approx water: 3 pts 6 fl oz, Approx portions 60g (2oz): 87
For over 150 years McDougalls has inspired caterers and we pride ourselves on offering practical advice and delicious recipes. Of course you could simplify our method, but to get the very best results, here are our make-up instructions.
1. Add the correct amount of cold water to the mixing bowl and add the weighed out McDougalls Plain Sponge Mix, select the whisk mixing attachment.
2. Mix on Slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down. Mix for a further 4 minutes on Medium speed.
3. Use batter as required. Pour into a greased and lined 25cm x 35cm (10" x 14") baking tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 for 25-35 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch. For fan-assisted ovens, cook at 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
Makes 87 x 60g portions
Store in a cool dry place. Keep bag tightly closed after part use.
Best before end: see back of pack.
Freepost Premier Foods.
Customers who bought this also bought: