Jus-Rol Frozen Shortcrust Pastry Block 1.5Kg
1.5Kg x 1
|Product:||Frozen uncooked shortcrust pastry block.|
|Product Category:||Frozen Foods > Pies Pasties & Quiches > Quiches & Pasties|
- No added colours, preservatives or flavourings
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
For inspiring ideas visit www.jusrolprofessional.co.uk
Delicious melt in the mouth Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust Pastry is ideal for many a sweet or savoury dish and may be used for flans, tarts and pies.
Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil (Palm, Rapeseed in varying proportions), Water, Margarine (Vegetable Oil (Palm, Rapeseed in varying proportions), Water, Salt, Emulsifier: Mono-and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Sugar , Salt
Allergy advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold
No added colours, preservatives or flavourings
|(uncooked) Per 100g||(uncooked) Per portion (50g)||%* (50g)|
|of which saturates||11.8g||5.9g||30%|
|of which sugars||1.8g||0.9g||1%|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)|
- Suitable for Vegans
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Contains Wheat
- Country of Origin: Produce of the EU
- Origin Free Text
- Pack Type: Heat Sealed
- 30 Servings
Preparation and Usage
Hints and Tips
Fillings may be baked with pastry - try lightly blanched leeks mixed with grilled bacon or pancetta pieces in an egg and milk or cream base with a little grated cheese of your choice and lots of black pepper and grated nutmeg.
Or bake the pastry case blind* and then fill hot case with a mixture of lightly sautéed vegetables such as courgettes, onions and mushrooms with some pesto stirred through.
*To bake blind, line tin with pastry and prick the base. Line with baking paper big enough to stand up around and slightly above the sides. Put baking beans, dry rice or similar on base to weight down. Bake for approx. 10 minutes to set pastry, remove paper/beans and return to oven to finish cooking.
For best results for hand rolling cut the block into 2 pieces and roll out reach separately. Each half rolls to approximately 50cm x 38cm. Alternatively the whole block can be rolled down to a sheet of approximately 70cm x 50cm. If you have mechanical rolling equipment the sheet will roll down to approximately 120cm x 30cm. As a guide, depending on the size of sheet used and its final thickness each block will yield the approximate quantities of pastry items listed below.
Item: 13cm squares (for turnovers etc), Approx. Yield: Up to: 16
Item: 7.5cm rounds (for shells), Approx. Yield: 54
Item: 15cm rounds (for shells, pastries etc), Approx. Yield: 14
Item: Multi-portion tins lining/topping (40cm x 26cm), Approx. Yield: 2
Item: 25cm rounds (for quiches, plate pies etc), Approx. Yield: 4
Item: 29cm rounds (lining flat tins etc), Approx. Yield: 3
Preparing Your Pastry
Ensure that the pastry is thoroughly defrosted before use.
1. Thaw at room temperature for approximately 2 1/2 hours before use. Alternatively, defrost overnight in a refrigerator and then stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour before use.
2. After defrosting, the pastry should be cool and flexible.
3. Cut the block into 2 pieces. Lightly flour both the work surface and the pastry. Roll out each piece to the desired thickness (about 3-4mm is recommended). Allow the sheet to stand for 5 minutes to help reduce shrinkage. If the pastry is difficult to roll out it may still be too cold and must be left to defrost longer.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/400°F/Gas Mark 6, or at the temperature required in your recipe.
Each block (1.5kg) provides 30 portions
Keep frozen at -18°C.
Do not refreeze once defrosted.
Once defrosted use within 24 hours.
Max Temp °C: -18
General Mills International Sàrl,
General Mills UK Ltd,
P.O. Box 363,
Recommended for you