These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern your entry into and participation in the promotion. Please read these terms carefully before entering, as by entering, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications related to the promotion, including advertising or promotional materials, these Terms and Conditions will take precedence. Please retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your information.
Promoter: Mars Wrigley Confectionery UK Limited, 3D Dundee Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4LG.
1. This promotion is open to residents of GB (England, Wales and Scotland), except for employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, associated agents or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
2. GB retail business only: Entrants must be aged 18 years or over at the date of entry.
3. Internet access and registration required for prize redemption. No purchase necessary.
4. Bulk entries, entrants using multiple addresses, email addresses, numbers or entering via agents, third parties, organised groups, syndicates or aliases, or entries automatically generated by computer, will not be accepted but may still be charged. Entries received by any means other than as specified in these Terms and Conditions (see Condition 6 – 7 below) will be rejected. Any person persistently trying to circumvent the entry process will be disqualified immediately. No incomplete, corrupted entries or multiple entries from the same person will be accepted. The entry must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Only genuine valid entries will be considered.
5. The promotion will run from 00:00:01 on 07.08.23 to 23:59:59 on 15.10.23 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries must be received within these times in order to be valid.
6. For the chance to win, text WIN to 82727 during the Promotional Period. Participants submitting a valid text entry will receive a text message thanking them for entering the promotion. Time taken to receive this confirmation text message may vary. A text entry will be charged at your standard network rate (and may not be included within any free text packages). Please check with the bill payer before sending a text entry.
7. Only one entry per retail business will be accepted. Anyone who submits multiple entries will be disqualified.
8. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and reject any inappropriate entries. All entry information is subject to verification and interrogation.
9. In the event of suspicious activity, the Promoter reserves the right to request and gather information or obtain further evidence to confirm the legitimacy of the entry / win.
10. The prizes to be won are as follows:
11. There are 35 prizes in total, as detailed, that are available to be won throughout the entire promotion.
12. Prizes are strictly non-transferable and must not be sold, auctioned nor advertised for sale whether on the internet, in newspapers or elsewhere. Any person found in breach of this term will be disqualified and the prize withdrawn. No cash alternatives or other alternative prizes will be available in whole or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, whereby the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of equal or greater value. The prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
13. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to suspend the promotion or amend these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, with no liability to any entrants or third parties, but will always endeavor to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
14. 35 winners will be picked at random following the Promotional Period using an independently supervised process. The first 5 winners selected will win a £1000 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card, the next 10 winners selected will win a £500 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card, and the final 20 winners selected will win a £50 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.
15. Prize Redemption: The 35 Winners will be contacted by text message via the mobile number used to enter the promotion within 7 days of the closing date of the Promotional Period. Winners will be required to respond within 14 days confirming (1) their acceptance of the prize and (2) their retail business name and address.
16. Winners will receive notification of their eligibility to claim their digital Amazon.co.uk Gift Card via text message to the mobile number provided on their entry. Winners should retain their notification text message until their win has been verified.
17. If a winner has not responded to the winning text notification after 14 days or if a selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions or unable to or declines to take up the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and to reallocate the prize by selecting a new winner from all remaining entries in accordance with the process described in these Terms and Conditions.
18. The digital Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards are subject to the issuer’s terms and conditions of use which are accessible at www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal. Restrictions apply. Winners will need an existing amazon.co.uk account or need to register for one to be able to redeem their digital Amazon.co.uk Gift Card code. The digital Amazon.co.uk Gift Card is available to be redeemed up to 10 years from the date of claim. Amazon.co.uk (nor any other third party brand referenced) is not a sponsor of this promotion. The digital Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards are issued by Amazon EU S.a.r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are intellectual property of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
19. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility in the event a winner does not receive their prize for whatever reason.
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate entrants for any losses that may be incurred as a result of entering the promotion and the Promoter does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of a winner’s acceptance of a prize except where such damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its agents. The winners’ statutory rights are not affected.
21. No correspondence: The decision of the Promoter regarding winner selection and any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the prize winners.
22. A list of winners’ surnames and counties is available on request. Please post your request and a SAE to: M&M’S Big Night In Wins, Mars Wrigley Confectionery UK Limited, 3D Dundee Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4LG within 3 months of the promotion close date. Should a winner object to their information being made available, they should contact the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. The Promoter may nevertheless disclose information to regulatory authorities if required by law to do so.
24. Winners may be required, if they consent, to take part in reasonable publicity relating to this promotion without further remuneration.
25. The Promoter is not responsible for any entries which fail to be registered or are delayed for any technical or other reason whatsoever.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the winning entries including by asking for the winners’ identity, including proof of age (which they must provide within 14 days but which will not be retained following verification by the Promoter and redemption of the prize) and may refuse to award a prize or withdraw a prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify aparticipant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions (including entry requirements) or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
27. The Promoter may at its absolute discretion disqualify any participant found to be tampering with the application process or operation of the website or to be acting in any manner disruptive to the promotion.
28. Sometimes, through reasons outside of the Promoters control, network coverage may not be available or the website (as with any website) may not be accessible. The Promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the website. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering, claiming or any entries/claims delayed or corrupted. The Promoter will have no liability for any loss arising out of such an event.
29. Limitations of liability: insofar as permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor the promotional parties assume any responsibility or liability for:
30. If any clause of these Terms and conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then it shall be deemed deleted from these Terms and Conditions. The remaining clauses shall be unaffected and remain in full force and effect.
31. This promotion and these Terms and Conditions (and any disputes/claims arising out of or in connection with them) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties to any dispute or action shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts. However, if you are resident in Scotland, you may bring your claim before the Scottish courts, if you wish.