All prices shown exclude VAT
5Kg × 1
|Product:||1121 Superior Length Basmati Rice|
White Pearl 1121 Basmati Rice is grown and matured in the foothills of the Himalayas, deep in the heart of the Punjab. This gives our rice a unique distinctive aroma which results in a supreme taste, fit for a connoisseur. Its superior length makes it the ideal rice for biryani and when cooked, our grains don't stick, they pull apart for a perfect result.
Before cooking, rinse thoroughly in a sieve under cold running water. Measure the desired quantity of rice, 1 cup/250g (8oz) of uncooked rice provides 4 generous portions.
1. Fill a large saucepan with approximately four times as much water as rice (by volume). Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
2. Add the rice, stir once and bring back to the boil. Boil rapidly uncovered for approximately 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
3. Drain well before serving.
1. Put twice as much water as rice (by volume) in a large saucepan with a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
2. Add the rice, stir once and bring back to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer, replacing lid.
3. Allow the rice to cook for 15 minutes without disturbing.
4. If the liquid is not completely absorbed, cook for a few minutes longer.
5. Remove from heat and allow pan to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Alternatively, for a softer grain pre-soak rice for 15 minutes, but then use only one and a half times as much water as rice (by volume) when cooking.
Store in a cool and dry place away from direct heat.
Produced and packed for:
Map Trading Limited,
The image and product information have been prepared for illustration and information purposes only and may differ from that shown. Whilst Bestway/Batleys use reasonable endeavors to ensure that the product information presented is accurate and up to date it does not accept any liability for any information which may not be accurate, it is not a substitute for reading the product packaging or label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredients or nutritional information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label. Where there is a link to a third party's website for further information on the product, please note that Bestway/Batleys have no control over and no liability for the contents of that website. Bestway/Batleys accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any other web sites which may be accessed through the Bestway/Batleys websites. Bestway and Batleys are reliant upon third parties for much of the information provided and reserve the right to change data, references and product specifications at any time. This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Bestway/Batleys' prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.
We’ve noticed we don’t have your Tobacco Track & Trace codes. Please click below to go to the Tobacco Track & Trace page where you can enter your codes, or apply for them if need be.
Don’t worry though... you can still buy all non-Tobacco Track & Trace stock without your codes.