Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry Block 500g
500g x 1
|Product:||Chilled uncooked shortcrust pastry block.|
|Product Category:||Frozen Foods > Pies Pasties & Quiches > Pastries|
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
For inspiring ideas visit www.jusrol.co.uk
Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil (Palm, Rapeseed in varying proportions), Water, Margarine (Vegetable Oil (Palm, Rapeseed in varying proportions), Water, Salt, Emulsifier: Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Alcohol, Sugar, Lemon Juice, Salt, Preservative: Potassium Sorbate
Allergy advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold
|(uncooked) Per 100g||(uncooked) Per portion (50g)||%* (50g)|
|of which saturates||11.0g||5.5g||28%|
|of which sugars||1.3g||0.7g||1%|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)|
- Suitable for Vegans
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Contains Wheat
- Country of Origin: Produce of the EU
- Origin Free Text
- Pack Type: Heat Sealed
- 10 Servings
Preparation and Usage
Preparing your pastry
1. Take out of the fridge about 45 minutes before using.
2. Roll out the pastry while still cool to your required thickness, on a lightly floured surface. After rolling out, allow to stand for a few minutes before using.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6, or at the temperature required in your recipe.
Room temperature = ready
Allowing your pastry to rest at room temperature before using makes it much more supple and less likely to crack or break when handling.
Why roll to £1 thick?
At this thickness pastry is thick enough to handle without cracking yet thin enough to cook thoroughly for a delicious golden bite every time.
Each block (500g) provides 10 portions
Keep refrigerated below 5°C
Home Freezing: Freeze on day of purchase. Consume within 1 month. To defrost thaw overnight in your fridge or alternatively for 2 hours at room temperature. Once thawed do not refreeze.
Max Temp °C: 5
General Mills UK Ltd,
P.O. Box 363,
Recommended for you