Mcdougalls Batter Mix
128g x 15 x 1
|Product Category:||Grocery > Homebake > Suet Batter & Pancake Mixes|
- The best of British baking
- For pancakes & yorkshire puddings
- Just add 1 egg and water
- Suitable for vegetarians
For hints, tips & recipes visit www.bakinginspiration.com
Baking Book Offer
Log onto your website to find out about our special baking book offer: www.bakinginspiration.com
Additional Pack Information
Film - Plastic - not currently recycled
McDougalls Batter Mix was created to give you the smoothest pancakes and fluffiest yorkshire puddings that you and the family will enjoy again and again.
McDougalls has been helping get Britain baking since 1864...
...All that experience, expertise and nothing but the highest quality ingredients go into our mixes. So, whatever you're baking, make sure McDougalls is the first ingredients on your list.
Wheat Flour (with added Calcium, Iron, Niacin Thiamin), Skimmed Milk Powder, Salt
Allergy advice: For allergens, including Cereals containing Gluten, see ingredients in bold
Produced in a factory that handles: soya, mustard, celery and egg
|Per 100g cooked as per pack instructions Pancakes||Per 100g cooked as per pack instructions Yorkshire Puddings|
|of which saturates||0.5g||0.5g|
|of which sugars||0.5g||0.5g|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)|
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- May Contain Celery
- May Contain Eggs
- Contains Milk
- May Contain Mustard
- Contains Wheat
- May Contain Soya
- Recycling Info: Mixed Material - Not Currently Recycled Bag
- Pack Type: Heat Sealed
Preparation and Usage
Makes 8 Pancakes or 12 Yorkshire Puddings
For 8 pancakes
1. Whisk together 1 medium egg and 275ml (9 floz) water in a bowl. Add 128g McDougalls Batter Mix and whisk until smooth.
2. Lightly oil the frying pan and heat until very hot. Pour in enough batter to thinly coat the base of the pan.
3. Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat until golden brown on the underside. Turnover and cook the other side for a further minute.
4. Pile cooked pancakes on top of each other and serve sprinkled with either lemon & sugar or syrup.
Top tip: to prevent pancakes sticking to each other place greaseproof paper between each one.
For 12 Yorkshire puddings
1. Preheat oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas Mark 7 (for fan assisted ovens, refer to manufacturer's instructions)
2. Beat together 1 medium egg and 200ml (7 floz) water. Add 128g McDougalls Batter Mix and whisk until smooth.
3. Put 1 tsp of oil in each well of a Yorkshire pudding or bun tray and heat in the oven for around 15 minutes.
Top tip: make sure that oil is smoking hot before adding the batter.
4. Pour the batter into the wells of the tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Store in a cool, dry place
The Premier Foods Group,
PO Box 66093,
Recommended for you
The image and product information have been prepared for illustration and information purposes only and may differ from that shown. Whilst Bestway/Batleys use reasonable endeavors to ensure that the product information presented is accurate and up to date it does not accept any liability for any information which may not be accurate, it is not a substitute for reading the product packaging or label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredients or nutritional information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label. Where there is a link to a third party's website for further information on the product, please note that Bestway/Batleys have no control over and no liability for the contents of that website. Bestway/Batleys accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any other web sites which may be accessed through the Bestway/Batleys websites. Bestway and Batleys are reliant upon third parties for much of the information provided and reserve the right to change data, references and product specifications at any time. This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Bestways/Batleys prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.