Product on Promotion until 30th April 2018
Bisto Powder Economy
1Kg x 1
|Product Category:||Grocery > Gravy Stuffing & Sauce Mixes > Gravy Mixes|
- Add to roasting juices
- The nation's favourite
- Suitable for vegetarians
For Roast Beef, Lamb, Pork & Chicken.
Additional Pack Information
CATERING PACK MAKES 13 LITRES.
Bisto Original is a starch based mix for browning, seasoning and thickening gravy.
Potato Starch, Salt, Wheat Starch, Colour (E150c), Yeast Powder (contains Barley), Onion Powder
Allergy advice: For allergens, including Cereals containing Gluten, see ingredients in bold
May also contain milk, mustard and soya
|Per 100g as sold||Per 50ml Portion as prepared**|
|of which saturates||<0.1g||<0.1g|
|of which sugars||<0.5g||<0.5g|
|**Gravy Powder and Water|
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- May Contain Milk
- May Contain Mustard
- Contains Wheat
- Contains Barley
- May Contain Soya
- Recycling Info: Card - Widely Recycled Carton
- Recycling Info: Mixed Material - Not Currently Recycled Bag
- Pack Type: Box
Preparation and Usage
Bisto Powder for Gravy
1. At the end of roasting, remove the joint from the roasting tin and set aside to rest before carving.
2. Spoon off most of the fat from the tin, leaving behind the meat juices.
3. Blend the Bisto in a jug with a little of the water to make a smooth paste.
4. Add remaining water to the tin, then stir in the Bisto paste.
5. Bring the gravy mix in the roasting tin slowly to the boil, stirring continuously until thickened.
Make Up Instructions
Amount of water: 1 Litre, Amount of Powder: Weight 75g, Heaped tbsp 3 1/2 tbsp, Servings 50ml 21
Amount of water: 3 Litres, Amount of Powder: Weight 225g, Heaped tbsp 10 tbsp, Servings 50ml 64
Amount of water: 5 Litres, Amount of Powder: Weight 375g, Heaped tbsp 17 tbsp, Servings 50ml 107
Amount of water: 13 Litres, Whole Pack, Servings 50ml 286
This Bisto Gravy Powder is perfect for professional caterers, delivering consistent results every time. Tailor your gravy to complement the dish.
Here's a few ideas:
For beef dishes, try rosemary and red wine
Add some chopped mint or redcurrant jelly for lamb dishes
For pork add either apple juice or sauce
The perfect powder for the perfect gravy.
Leftover gravy should not be reheated or reused.
This pack makes approximately 13 litres
Store in a cool dry place away from direct heat and sunlight. Close pack tightly after part use.
Best Before End: See Top of Box
The Premier Foods Group,
PO Box 66093,
Recommended for you