Mcdougalls Pizza Base Mix
3.5Kg x 1
|Product:||Pizza Base Mix|
|Product Category:||Grocery > Homebake > Bread & Pastry|
- Just add water
- No added preservatives
- Suitable for vegetarians
Thank you for helping!
Kids Company provide 13,000 meals to vulnerable children each month
Help Support Kids Company
Premier Foods has joined forces with Kids Company a charity that provides practical, emotional and educational support to vulnerable inner-city children.
Every McDougalls pack sold will contribute to our donation to the charity.
Kids Company registered charity number: 1068298
For more information visit www.premierfoodservice.co.uk
For inspirational recipes and serving suggestions, visit www.premierfoodservice.co.uk
Additional Pack Information
Makes 61 x 7" Pizzas.
Inspiring Caterers for over 150 years
McDougalls range of flour-based mixes caters for all your sweet & savoury needs.
Wheat Flour (with added Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Dried Yeast, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Rapeseed), Emulsifiers (E472e, E491), Soya Flour, Dextrose, Wheat Flour, Flour Treatment Agents (E920, E300, Amylase, Xylanase)
Allergy advice: For allergens, including Cereals containing Gluten, see ingredients in bold
May also contain egg and milk
No added preservatives
|Per 100g as sold||Per 100g as per make up instructions|
|of which saturates||0.9g||0.6g|
|of which sugars||0.6g||<0.5g|
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- May Contain Eggs
- May Contain Milk
- Contains Wheat
- Contains Soya
- Recycling Info: Mixed Material - Not Currently Recycled Bag
- Pack Type: Bag - Paper
- 61 Servings
Preparation and Usage
Dry mix: 1kg; Approx water: 750ml; Approx portions 57g(2oz): 16
Dry mix: Whole Bag 3.5kg; Approx water 2.6L; Approx portions 57g (2oz): 61
Dry mix: 1lb; Approx water: 12floz; Approx portions 57g (2oz): 7
Dry mix: Whole Bag 7lb 11oz; Approx water: 4pts 11floz; Approx portions 57g (2oz): 61
For over 150 years McDougalls has inspired caterers and we pride ourselves on offering practical advice and delicious recipes. Of course you could simplify our method, but to get the very best results, here are our make up instructions.
1. Place the McDougalls Pizza Base Mix into bowl fitted with a dough hook attachment.
2. Blend in the correct amount of warm (30°C/86°F) water. Using a dough hook mix on a Medium speed for 5 minutes.
3. Weigh and shape as required. Place on a lightly greased pizza tray. Pierce the base all over with a fork. Spread with desired topping to within 5mm of the edge.
4. For thin & crispy pizza No Proving Time Is Necessary. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6 for 10 minutes or until cooked. For Fan assisted ovens bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. For Deep Pan pizzas leave to prove for 15-30 minutes then bake at 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6 for 15 minutes until cooked. For fan-assisted ovens bake at 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
Useful hints and tips...
Try flavouring the base dough with olive oil, herbs, sun dried tomatoes, garlic or cheese for a little variety.
For thin and crispy pizza there is no need to prove the base.
Proving time can vary, always prove in a warm place and keep covered. Dough is ready when doubled in size (approx 25-35 minutes).
Made up dough can be stored chilled for 3-4 hours.
The baked base are freeze-thaw stable.
For best results once opened, keep tightly closed and use within 2 months.
Makes 61 x 6" pizzas
Store in a cool dry place. Keep bag tightly closed after part use.
Best before end: see back of pack.
The Premier Foods Group,
PO Box 66093,
Recommended for you