Famous Grouse Whisky
10Cl x 1Buy a case of 6 of this product and save! »
|Product:||Blended Scotch Whisky|
|Brand:||The Famous Grouse|
|Product Category:||Beers, Wines & Spirits > Spirits & Fortified Wine > Whisky|
- Matured in seasoned oak casks
- A marriage of fine rare Scotch whiskies
- No. 1 blended Scotch whisky in the UK* - A phenomenal achievement
- No. 1 in Scotland for over 30 years, with three drams sold every second**
- Contains some of the world's finest whiskies, including The Macallan and Highland Park - Unsurpassed quality
- High proportion of ex-sherry casks used - Creates a distinct, smooth and well rounded dram
- Over 15 years of TV advertising in the UK - A much loved icon instantly recognisable to drinkers
- Contains the Royal Seal of approval - Endorsement of the highest quality
- *Nielsen 2/2/13, CGA 29/12/12
- **Nielsen December 2008
Over 100 years of craftsmanship go into making the UK's No.1 blended whisky. The Famous Grouse is a perfectly balanced blend of the finest malts, including Highland Park and The Macallan, and sweet grain whisky. The rich rounded flavour is Famous for a Reason.
Appearance: Full golden, clear and bright
Aroma: Well balanced oak, sherry with a citrus hint
Taste: Medium full flavour, mature, Speyside fruitiness
Finish: Good length, clean and medium dry
The Famous Grouse is named after the Red Grouse, Scotland's national game bird. The blend is crafted from the finest malt whiskies, such as The Macallan and Highland Park, married with exceptional grain whiskies, for the smoothest possible taste.
The Famous Grouse is proud to be Scotland's favourite whisky.
In 1896, The Famous Grouse was born. A little different from the start, Matthew Gloag named it after Scotland's national game bird, the red grouse, trademarking it as The Famous Grouse on 12th August 1905.
History and Heritage
The Famous Grouse represents the very best of Scotland and contains some of the world's finest malts (including Highland Park and The Macallan). Is married and bottled in Glasgow. Has its spiritual home in Crieff at Glenturret - Scotland's oldest and most visited distillery. Owned by an independent company headquartered in Perth.
Matthew Gloag established his much-respected family grocers in 1800. Decades later, third generation Matthew Gloag introduced a whisky that would become known for doing things differently. Discerning gents visiting the Highlands for outdoor sports came to experience the fine dram that became The Famous Grouse in 1896.
By Appointment to Her Majesty The Queen Scotch Whisky Blenders Matthew Gloag & Son Ltd
- Country of Origin: Scotland
- Origin Free Text
- Pack Type: Bottle
Preparation and Usage
The Famous & Ginger
Take a clean, tall glass.
Fill it with ice.
Squeeze in a wedge of orange.
25ml The Famous Grouse.
Top with Ginger Ale.
Contains 1 unit of alcohol.
Matthew Gloag & Son Ltd,
|Country of Origin||Scotland|
4 UK Units per bottle
1 UK Unit of alcohol per 25ml serving
UK Chief Medical Officers recommend:
Adults do not regularly exceed
Men: 3-4 units daily
Women: 2-3 units daily
Avoid alcohol if pregnant or trying to conceive
drinkaware.co.uk for the facts
Recommended for you