Tobacco Track & Trace - are you ready?
What do you need to do if you sell tobacco?
The regulations require all retailers to have an Economic Operator Identifier Code (their own unique code registered to their business) and a Facility Identifier Code (a unique code for each store or premises which sells tobacco) in order to purchase cigarettes and hand-rolling tobacco products from 20th May 2019 onwards.
If you would like us to apply on your behalf or would like more information visit:
Stock high margin, fast growing products, such as e-liquids and cigarette accessories: papers and filters
Vaping: 3 Key Tips
- Focus on in-store visibility and display
- Ensure staff are knowledgeable and trained on equipment & liquids
- Stock a range of brands and systems with a good selection of flavours
No. 1 category in sales value
No. 1 footfall driver in the Convenience market
Tobacco category drives 1 in 10 visits to Convenience stores, and it's even higher for Independent stores
Independent store tobacco sales are down 8%
Multiple convenience store tobacco sales are up 7%
75% of independent retailers are premium pricing, which is the significant factor driving the decline
Sell at RRP to maintain your business
Top 3 customer service shopper needs:
The UK is the second largest E-Cigarette market with over 3.2 million vapers (YouGov 2018)
Heat Not Burn tobacco products
- IQOS is a heat-not-burn system which promises to be 90% less harmful to smokers than cigarettes
- PMI have invested $3bn in the system and in its first year of launch in Japan sold 3 million units
- Independents have the opportunity to take advantage by listing HEETS
Cartridges: Pre-filled cartridges used in their respective device
Pod systems are more expensive than liquids but offer consumers a convenient and discrete solution to their vaping needs. Leading brands such as Blu, Vype and Logic cartridges are not interchangeable so a wider range is required.
Liquid Systems: These account for 82% of sales!
Open systems all use E-liquids – and with such a large share of this growing market we strongly recommend you stock a range of E-liquids that are showing strong growth:
- Liquids are excellent sales opportunity as most are universally compatible with the majority of open tank systems
- Stock a range of price points to cater for all consumers needs
- Value £1 PMP – 88Vape
- Mid Tier £2 – Pendle Potion
- Premium liquids circa £5 – Blu, Vivid, Logic & Cirro
Manufactured in the UK
£2 Price Mark
8 Great flavours
Bestway are rolling out a range of leading Vape Brands – liquids & kit – including Vampire Vapes, Double Drip, Liberty Flights, Vapouriz, Pure Evil, Aquavape, Sub-zero, XO, Innokin etc. This range and pricing allows the independent retailer to tap into the growing vape market by offering 3 for £10 on liquids and still making over 50% POR.
To see further details of this range please see the Bestway website.
Information correct at time of printing